This is the first step to being certified to be able to coach athletes at SWA-sanctioned events.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of TEACHING weightlifting technique to athletes of different levels. It will prepare you to coach an athlete through a competition and go through the logistics of a sanctioned weightlifting event.
This course will cover the following items:
- Overview of the NCCP, CAC, and SWA coaching roles for weightlifting
- Proper technique of the snatch and clean and jerk (lecture and practical sessions)
- Proper technique of multiple assistance exercises for weightlifting
- Weightlifting competition readiness and understanding
- Programming basics and outlines
- Anti-doping in Sport - lecture
Plan to be moving and training throughout this course - please dress appropriately. We will help individuals improve their technique as well as their ability to pass on good technique to athletes in the sport as the goal is to be a better mover as an athlete as well as be able to coach the basic to atheltes.
Please note that there are steps to be taken after finishing this course to ensure the completion of your NCCP certification.
The Course Facilitator for this course will be Chad Benko and Del McNeely.
Fee: $300 for all first time attendees and $100 for re-doing the weekend course (use code “COMPINTRO” )
Deadline - Friday, March 29th, 2019.
For more information, please contact email@example.com