Saskatchewan athletes represented well at the Canadian National/Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships. The competition took place in Gaspe, Quebec from June 15-18, 2018.
All four athletes representing Saskatchewan stood on the podium:
Beth Kostur - 1st in the 35-39, 75kg category (CAN/PAN)
Jil Reid - 1st in the 35-39, 90kg category (CAN)
David Spurr - 1st in the 35-39, 85kg category (CAN/PAN)
Jason Cain - 2nd in the 40-44, 85kg category (CAN/PAN)
The following records were set by team Saskatchewan:
- National Masters Records
- Beth Kostur (35-39, 75kg) - Snatch 71kg, Clean & Jerk 85kg, Total 156kg
- Jil Reid (35-39, 90kg) - Snatch 62kg, Clean & Jerk 80kg, Total 142kg
- Also set as Provincial Masters Records
- Provincial Masters Records
- Jason Cain (40-44, 85kg) - Snatch 106kg, Clean & Jerk 130kg, Total 236kg
View the meet results here.